Pumamarca treks full day
Peru Wild Treks is creating a new routes like the archaeological site of Pumamarca ruins is composed of a variety of architectural structures such as, platforms, enclosures, roads, canals, enclosures among which the Qolqas. Pumamarka archaeological site is located to the north
side of the Archaeological Park of Ollantaytambo at a distance of 6.0 km, Archaeological Site of Pumamarka consists of several architectural components within which we can mention qolqas to the bottom, while towards the top can show a series of enclosures of rectangular plant to two levels and some of them rustic rig . Around the square a room facing north that presents fine with 2 access openings rig is presented, additionally has other rooms that are rustic rig, which show evidence of plastering mud mortar, the whole sector is franked staggered by a wall morphology that in certain sectors and reaches a height of 5 m.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:00 am to drive just outside of the town of Ollantaytambo in order to start this trek that is off the beaten path. We start with a gradual climb on an old dirt trail passing native flora and fauna arriving to the weaving community of Huilloc. You will have a chance here to see the artesans at work and experience their traditional community and way of life. Just the peace and tranquility getting to this place is worth the walk.
From here we will make our way to the ruins. They are well preserved and have incredible views of the valley near Ollantaytambo. You will have time to explore these rarely visited ruins with your guide and on your own. Your certified guide will be able to fill in any details and share knowledge about these ruins.
We will have lunch here and take a rest before we continue on to the rest of the minor ruins and eventually make our way to the town on to Ollantaytambo.
The ancient Inca trail follows an impressive aqueduct down to the town of Ollantaytambo. There are extensive terraced ruins as you zigzag down the trail.
Upon arrival to Ollantaytambo, you can stay the night and explore its many excellent restaurants and bars, return to Cusco or catch the train to Machu Picchu.
Depending on the group, you will have plenty of time to also explore the ruins of Ollantaytambo in the afternoon and outside of peak hours when it can be quite heavily trafficked before making your way to your next destination.
What is Included?
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- Private tourist transport.
- All entrance tickets to Puma Marka
- All pick-ups (pick up and drop off at your hotel)
- Meals: a box lunch per hiker.
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
What is Not Included?
Private Service Price: We run this tour only as a Private Service
From Cusco to Pumamarka:
- one Person: USD 150.00
- 2-3 People: USD 80.00 per person.
- 4-5 People: USD 60.00 per person
- 6 -+ People: USD 50.00 per person
From Ollantaytambo to Pumamarka:
- one Person: USD 100.00
- 2-3 People: USD 60.00 per person.
- 4-5 People: USD 50.00 per person
- 6 -+ People: USD 40.00 per person
WHAT WE NEED WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION
- Full name
- Passport number
- Tour departure date
- Send a deposit of 50% of the total price of your tour in order to organize your tour. (The remainder of your balance will be due upon your arrival in Cusco.) Payment may be made via *Western Unión or PayPal, and clicking on the BOOK NOW button.
- A good day pack or an appropriate pack (to carry your personal belongings).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bandages or moleskin
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips for your staff
MORE SIMILAR TOURS : FULL DAYS