Salkantay trek classic 5d/4n
A unique Salkantay Trek Classic 5 days to Machu Picchu, specially designed with unsurpassable views of the snow-capped mountains of Humantay and Salkantay, the sacred Apus of the Incas. Trek OFF the beaten path, following our signature trekking route where you visit two incredible turquoise glacial lakes, Humantay and Salkantay. Hike through the Andes Mountain range with its spectacular scenery and views of the colorful valley landscapes below and camp at our private campsite which is more remote, less crowded and off the beaten track.
This amazing trek runs beneath the magnificent Salkantay mountain (6.271 m/20,569ft), one of the highest and most stunning in the Andes. The Salkantay Trek was recently named on the National Geographic Ultimate Adventure bucket list – defined as “The 20 most extreme, hair-raising, legendary adventures on the planet.” It is a trek open to everybody, and the most popular alternative
This offers 5 days of trekking through various landscapes including highlands, cloud forest, rain forest and dry mountain. Throughout the trek you have amazing views of Apu Salkantay, Pumasillo Mountain and Humantay Mountain, three of the most stunning peaks of the Cordillera Vilcabamba Mountain range. On the first night you will feel like you can touch the stars while the variety of sites in addition to the beautiful sky include the glaciers of Apu Salkantay and Humantay Mountain, Salkantay lake, and the moraines (natural formations of small hills produced from the pressure of ice falling from the glaciers above).
- Day 1 – Cusco – Soraypamapa
- Day 2 – Soraypampa – Chaullay
- Day 3 – Chaullay– Santa Teresa
- Day 4 – Santa teresa – Aguas Calientes
- Day 5 – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
We leave Cusco early in our mobility towards the town of Mollepata, during the journey will pass through some villages like Izcuchaca and Limatambo.
Once we get to the town of Mollepata we will have a light breakfast and start our long but slow walk to the area called Silca where we enjoy our lunch, after that continue the journey through valleys and mountains watching snowy as the Humantay (5217 m) and Salkantay (6264 meters), later we arrive at our first camp known as Soraypampa (3700 meters), to dinner and rest.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHALLWAY
After breakfast start walking, this second day is the hardest but full of adventures that will cross the highest point is Salkantay (4600 m) means: the wild mountain, the imposing snowy where we can appreciate the majesty of the area and take some pictures. During the journey we will find several piles of stones called Apachetas.
Followed descend about 1 hour to where lunch and then continue walking for about 3 hours. up to Chaullay where is our second camp. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – BEACH (Sawayaco) – Santa Teresa
Very early after our nutritious start breakfast Chaullay direction of Collcapampa where we spend trails close with wildlife abundant from the area as the different types of orchids and observe waterfalls, continuing the walking we reach Sawayaco also called the beach where we will take a car heading toward the town of Santa Teresa (1,645 m) our third point of the camp, once we get settle in and rest for later heading to the (Inclusive program not optional-) medicinal baths cocallmayo found 4.5 km approx. St. Teresa. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Santa Teresa – Hydro-Aguas Calientes
At dawn we will be in a full tropical vegetation, after our breakfast we continue our trek to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu Pueblo, to reach this village took us seven hours approximate and along the route will pass through hydroelectric where we will rest to enjoy our lunch, I followed it continue walking with a few stops at different points because it is very rich in flora and appreciate all the passengers around us, arriving in the afternoon to the mentioned town that is known as Aguas Calientes spend the night in a hostel.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
By the following morning breakfast we went walking to the most important archaeological site Machu Picchu, once inside we will go to the top of the citadel to begin our guided 2 hours approximately, where he will visit around the Inca citadel, visiting the sites main as enclosures, squares, sacred fountains, temples agricultural and urban areas, so that you then have and enjoy their free time, like taking photos, etc.
Finally in the afternoon return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes and to address the train to Ollantaytambo, where he is expected to return to the city of Cusco tourist bus. End of services.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up at your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Private transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (starting point of the trek)
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu
- English speaking, experienced professional guide
- Private guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Comfortable tents (sleeping 2 people in a 4 person tent)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen tent
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes.
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes with private room and bathroom
- Mules and horses (for equipment and personal items) including
- 7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag etc
- Comfortable & thick foam mattress
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Sleeping Bag: $20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress: $20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles: $15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent: $30 USD – (Tent for single travelers only)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade: $67 USD per person (Return Only)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters from PERU WILD TREKS
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of the 50% of the payment and you are ready to go.
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
PRIVATE SERVICE SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU, Prices are based on Number of people departing that date/ We will leave with minimum of 02 PPL.
- Una Persona: USD 1 050.00
- 2-3 Personas: USD 580.00 por persona.
- 4-6 Personas: USD 520.00 por persona
- 7-+ Personas: USD 480.00 por persona
“Please read carefully the following information; it will help you answer all of your questions about our services and the Salkantay treks”
It will take place the night before the trekking departure at 6pm in your hotel
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
Of course! During the salkantay treks your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are for free. Please don´t pack anything you will need for your hike.
HOW TO BOOK THE SALKANTAY TREKS?
FIRST, to book your Salkantay Treks, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click here the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu permit without the following information:
Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of the 50% of the payment per person in order to purchase a permit for your hike.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Fortunately the answer is “Yes”. If you want to change your departure date please let us know 2 months in advance ,once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the ticket has been bought. The Machu Picchu tickets are also not transferable nor refundable.
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS?
In general if you have regular exercise and spend a couple of days in Cusco, or in the Sacred Valley for acclimatisation to the altitude, you may be fine.
The recommended medicine for altitude sickness is WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN IF NEEDED; our guides are trained to treat you for Altitude Sickness.
We offer the Cusco City Tour or Sacred Valley Tour that you can book while you are acclimatizing. Check out our Day Tours
ARE WE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE SALKANTAY TREKS?
Absolutely! Included in our packages is dropping you off at your hotel on the return from your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley like Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you there too!
If you spend the night at Ollantaytambo before the trek, we wil pick you up there.
- Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Valid University card (if you booked as a student)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3L (Camelbaks are encouraged).
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from Peruwildtreks)
- Headlamp: essential
- Toilet paper
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK FOR SALKANTAY TREK 4 DAYS
As a Direct Local Tour operator, we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE a extra weight for the horse to 7 kgs or 14lbs including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing. By Peruvian law, a duffel bag must not weigh more than 7 kilograms (15lbs). This limit is set to protect the health of the horses. All bags will be weighed before being accepted. If you require more than 7 kilograms, it will then be your responsibility to carry the extra weight with your day pack. In this 7 kilos, please count 2 kilos for your sleeping bag and 1 kilo for your sleeping pad. This leaves you about 4 kilos for your personal gear.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants at least
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- Bathing Suit for the thermal waters
- Couple Fleece/ Thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º C
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us
- Swimming Suit
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc
MORE SIMILAR TOURS: SALKANTAY