Short Inca trail 2 days
Inca trail 2 days is the short version of the classic 4 days Inca trail which is a perfect exclucive option for people who don’t have time but want to experience hiking to Machu Picchu by the original Inka trail, this trekking route is call the sacred Inca trail which is 12 kilometers of original trail in this tour you have the opportunity to visit Machu Picchu 2 times, on the firts day afternoon and on the second morning and you have the chance to see the sunset and the sunrise of course on the second day of the tour you will enjoy machu picchu the entire day, the famous inca trail to Machu Picchu is one of the most iconic treks that you can do in your lifetime.
DAY 1:CUSCO | OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 MACHU PICCHU.
Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation – 2,100 meters ASL / 6889 feet ASL
Aguas Calientes Elevation – 2,000 meters ASL / 6561 feet ASL
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel or hostal (optional)
Adventure: Absolutely, completely satisfactory
We will start the your trip by picking you up from your hotel and then we will drive for 3 hrs from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station. From here, we will take the train to Km 104 where we will start our amazing trek on the Inca Trail! Our adventure begins with an uphill hike for about 4 hours until we arrive to the archeological site of Wiña Wayna (Always Young). We will enjoy our box lunch here in the middle of the mountains and will have free time to rest and enjoy the beautiful view.
Next, we will continue our hike, moving toward a site called Inti Punku (the Sun Gate). From this place, we will be able to look down and admire the great beauty of the Inca citadel Machu Picchu! Here, the Inca Trail officially ends.
We will finish our first day’s adventure following the lateral trail in direction to the exit of Machu Picchu where we will take a bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, We will have dinner there and then rest comfortably hostel.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Today you will get to enjoy exploring Machu Picchu and experience her magical presence by taking the first bus at 5:30AM to the Machu Picchu archeological site. If you hurry you will get to see the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Take your time, making sure you tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. It is an unforgettable experience.
Your guide will expertly direct you through the energetic ruins and its diverse main streets. Then on your own, wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center of esoteric wisdom as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Or stay still and drink in the pure majesty of her presence, and enjoy the pure delight of the moment.
Here are a few of alternative activities that you might wish to indulge in on your own:
- Climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu (not included in your tour price and must be booked in advance.)
- You will be given some time to walk to the Sun Gate or Inti Punku (free of charge)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs (entrance fees required)
You will descend to Aguas Calientes and later on, board the train for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo Station and be driven back to your hotel.
- Difficulty: Easy.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up from your hotel
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station
- English speaking professional guide experienced in trekking .
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Expedition Tourist Train from Ollantaytambo to KM 104 – Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytamo .
- Admission Tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (hot shower,bathroom, private room )
- Dinner in Aguas calientes town
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Pick up from the airport to your hotel in cusco.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Wayna Picchu Mountain US$75
- Machu Picchu Mountain US $70
- First breakfast (Usually served in Hotel), Last lunch at Machu Picchu
- Tips for your staff
Private Group Service: Price in US Dollars per Reservation:
- one Person: USD 550.00
- 2-3 People: USD 490.00 per person.
- 4-6 People: USD 415.00 per person
- 7-+ People: USD 390.00 per person
- 18 to 25 years old: US$30 Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Walking Poles – US$15 per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade – US$57 per person (For the return to Cusco (Poroy) at 4:43 pm)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$35 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$30 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single supplement US$30 per night (for solo travellers with single room)
“Please read carefully the following information; it will help you answer all of your questions about our services and the Short IncaTrail Machu Picchu”
It will take place the night before the trekking departure at 6pm in your hotel
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
Of course! During the Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are for free. Please don´t pack anything you will need for your hike.
HOW TO BOOK THE SHORT INCA TRAIL MACHU PICCHU?
FIRST, to book your Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click here the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu permit without the following information:
Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$200.00 per person in order to purchase a permit for the Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately the answer is “No”. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the ticket has been bought. The Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu tickets are also not transferable nor refundable.
*** If you cancel your Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu, the deposit is not refundable at all!
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS?
In general if you have regular exercise and spend a couple of days in Cusco, or in the Sacred Valley for acclimatisation to the altitude, you may be fine.
The recommended medicine for altitude sickness is WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN IF NEEDED; our guides are trained to treat you for Altitude Sickness.
We offer the Cusco City Tour or Sacred Valley Tour that you can book while you are acclimatizing. Check out our Day Tours
ARE WE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE SHORT INCA TRAIL MACHU PICCHU?
Absolutely! Included in our packages is dropping you off at your hotel on the return from your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley like Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you there too!
If you spend the night at Ollantaytambo before the trek, we wil pick you up there.
The Short Inca Trail Trek DOES NOT INCLUDE an extra porter so, you will need to carry all your things. Please try to pack as light as possible, which is key to enjoying this amazing trek.
- Original Passport ( same you have used for booking your trek)
- Good daypack (25 to 30 liters)
- Water storage: 2-3 litre Camelbaks are encouraged.
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Toilet Paper
- 1 t-shirts
- 1 hiking or comfortable pants
- Hiking socks
- Polar or sweater for early mornings and evenings
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medications
- Sun Hat
- Wool Hat if cold season for evenings or early morning
- Rain jacket – rainy season
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruit
- Rain plastic poncho (provided by SAM)
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
MORE SIMILAR TREKS : INCA TRAIL